CONNECT WITH OUR GLOBAL EFFORTS
THE FREE METHODIST CHURCH USA, MISSIONS
Since its inception in 1912, Modesto Free Methodist Church has taken seriously Christ’s commission to “go into all the world” with the Gospel. Missionaries, both long and short term, have been sent and supported financially, with prayer, and practically with supplies. Many in our church congregation have participated in overseas ministries in Africa, Central America, Asia, as well as Mexico.
Currently, we join other Free Methodist Churches in supporting Phyllis Sortor in Nigeria where she has made a huge impact by establishing several schools for Fulani tribal children and introduced rotational grazing to help solve tensions between land owners and cattle farmers.
Don and Kathy Williams work in Thailand where he superintends Grace International School, a K-12th grade program for missionary children of many denominations. Kathy holds Bible studies and works with small groups.
Eric and Virginia Spangler travel all over Asia as coordinators for mission teams in that area of the world. He keeps in touch with supporting churches in the US and helps them partner with fellow overseas believers.
In addition, Modesto Free Methodists are currently helping to plant a church in Guadalajara, Mexico. Teams have been sent there to assist local workers the past two years and plan another trip for July 2016. In return, pastors from Free Methodist congregations in Mexico will be coming to assist our local Torre Fuerte group in April 2016.
Make a commitment to ongoing support COMMITMENT
Phyllis works through leadership development and International Child Care Ministries (ICCM). She is an administrator of Hope Academy and the Hope extension school at Ikot Ntuk. Phyllis teaches at the modular Bible school and Wesley Evangelical School of Theology (WEST) and supports Community Health Evangelism and area women’s literacy projects.
- Phyllis’ health on the field
- God’s continued blessing on Hope Academy and ICCM
- safety in travel
- the Nigerian church to grow in God’s grace
- the Sortor family stateside
Don and Kathy Williams
Make a commitment to ongoing support
Don serves as superintendent of Grace International School (GIS) in Chiang Mai, Thailand, which educates the children of missionary families. Don is a member of the FM Mission Thailand’s Board of Administration and the Asia Leadership Team. Kathy hosts and helps lead two classes of Community Bible Study International. She volunteers at GIS and works with national leaders to provide oversight of ICCM’s Lahu Youth Hostel. Don and Kathy have five grown children living in the U.S. Their youngest two attend Spring Arbor University.
Don: June 7
Kathy: March 30
Katelyn: April 18
Michaela: May 10
Pray for us:
- God’s wisdom, discernment and power to reach Thais with the gospel of peace
- God’s provision for GIS teachers, funds for a new campus, and patience while waiting on the court appeal
- continued spiritual growth for each one in the Williams family as they serve and obey God, for daily quiet times with the Lord and the Word
- God’s favor on FM Mission Thailand’s Jasmine Center, an ICCM Lahu youth hostel project and growth in the Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chaing Rai FM churches
- Contact us:
Don and Kathy’s Heartbeat for the Chiang Mai Free Methodist Church
Eric and Virginia Spangler
Join Modesto Free Methodist Church as they help support this couple in the works God has called them to.
Make a commitment to ongoing support
Eric serves as our Asia Area Director, and Virginia offers support and care to Asia ministries and missionaries. Eric oversees our missionary team in Asia; partners with Asian national leaders to build a strategy that will grow the church; and works to more purposefully connect the FMC-Asia with the FMC-USA. Eric is convinced the relationship between the church at home and the church abroad can be mutually beneficial.
Eric and Virginia have been a part of the Free Methodist family for more than 25 years, serving as pastor in several churches. Eric is a member of the Pacific Northwest Conference. He also served FMWM from 2002 to 2007 as Director of Mobilization.
Eric – March 10
Virginia – November 21
- the Lord of the Harvest to mobilize workers, identify and empower leaders, and bring millions to faith in Christ
- wisdom and discernment as Eric and Virginia seek to provide servant leadership throughout Asia
- safety, health and Spirit-filled ministry effectiveness for Eric, Virginia and their family
- clarity and love in communication and leadership across multiple cultures