46 And he said, “Yes, it was written long ago that the Messiah would suffer and die and rise from the dead on the third day. 47 It was also written that this message would be proclaimed in the authority of his name to all the nations,[ae] beginning in Jerusalem: ‘There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.’48 You are witnesses of all these things.
49 “And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven.”
Jesus brings life. Jesus came into the world to restore our relationship with God and one another, to take care of the problem of evil. He came to save us that is why he is called the Savior. We need Jesus to save us from our sin, to help us live the way God created us to live. We can’t do it on our own, no matter ow hard we try. We must find god’s solution to this problem of sin.
According to Jesus and the bible, Jesus is the solution to this problem because that is why he came into the world. In order to apply this solution, Jesus, every person needs to do this:
- Repent, which means seeing things the way God sees them and admitting to God that we too have sinned and that we need Jesus the savior.
- Believe the good news. What is the good news? He is the one who saves us from our sin and makes us into new people.
- Receive Jesus. This means to ask Jesus to come into your life and commit yourself to become his disciple.
- Prayer: Dear Jesus, I admit that I have sinned. I believe you died on the cross for me and I accept your forgiveness for my sin. I need your help to live life to the fullest, like you created me to be. Forgive my sin and come into my life. I want to learn to be your disciple. AMEN.
- If you just prayed this pray, we want to help you continue to grow and walk with Jesus. Please call the office 209-522-3583 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know, we can keep you in prayer, offer resources and connect you with someone that will help you continue on your path to walk with Jesus. God Bless you and please give us a call.
SERMON SERIES LEAD ME TO THE CROSS